What is Citra fleet?
- What is Citra fleet?
- How do you get Citra fleet?
- What type of laxative is CitraFleet?
- What is Picolax used for?
- How do you use PicoPrep?
- Is sodium Picosulfate the same as Picolax?
- Can you overdose on Picolax?
- Is Picolax safe in pregnancy?
- How long does Picolax last?
- How long does it take for PicoPrep to take effect?
- What is citrafleet used for?
- How do you administer citrafleet?
- Is it safe to use citrafleet during pregnancy?
- What is the best time to drink citrafleet?
What is Citra fleet?
CitraFleet is a powder that smells and tastes of lemons. It contains two types of laxatives mixed in each sachet which, when dissolved in water and drunk, wash-out and clean the bowels. It is important to have an empty, clean bowel so that your doctor or surgeon can see it clearly.
How do you get Citra fleet?
# Dissolve the CitraFleet® powder in 150 mL and allow to cool down before drinking. # Then wait for 30 minutes before again drinking a total of 1.5 to 2 Liters of liquids (see list of permitted drinks) over a period of 4-5 hours.
What type of laxative is CitraFleet?
The active components of CitraFleet are sodium picosulfate, a stimulant cathartic, active locally in the colon, and magnesium citrate which acts as an osmotic laxative by retaining moisture in the colon....Hide table of contents.
|Sodium picosulfate||10.0 mg|
|Light magnesium oxide||3.5 g|
|Citric acid||10.97 g|
What is Picolax used for?
Picolax® is used in adults, adolescents and children from the age of 1 year to clear the bowel before an x-ray examination, endoscopy or surgery when judged clinical necessary. In these conditions, the movement of the contents of the bowel may be impaired or prevented.
How do you use PicoPrep?
Commencing on the day before examination (approximately 3 p.m.), dissolve the entire contents of one sachet of PicoPrep in a glass of warm water. If preferred, chill in refrigerator before drinking. Drink the contents of the glass, followed by a glass of water.
Is sodium Picosulfate the same as Picolax?
Sodium picosulphate and magnesium citrate (Picolax) Picolax is substantially more effective than preparation with enemas and washouts (Roe et al, 1984). Tsang et al (1992) found that Picolax was superior to a balanced oral electrolyte solution (CP100) but inferior to sodium sulphate, which is marginally less expensive.
Can you overdose on Picolax?
Overdose would lead to profuse diarrhoea. Treatment is by general supportive measures and correction of fluid and electrolyte balance. The active components of PICOLAX are sodium picosulfate and magnesium citrate.
Is Picolax safe in pregnancy?
As picosulfate is a stimulant laxative, for safety measure, it is preferable to avoid the use of PICOLAX during pregnancy. There is no experience with the use of PICOLAX in nursing mothers.
How long does Picolax last?
The effects will last up to six hours or sometimes more. Bowel preparation may make you feel sick, tired, have abdominal bloating or cramps, and can occasionally cause an allergic reaction, with or without a rash. The lack of solid food in combination with the laxative can trigger nausea.
How long does it take for PicoPrep to take effect?
PicoPrep may cause many bowel movements. It may work as quickly as 30 minutes, or it may take as long as 5 hours.
What is citrafleet used for?
- CitraFleet is a powder that smells and tastes like lemon. It contains two types of laxatives in each sachet. When the powder is dissolved in water and drunk, it rinses out and cleanses the intestines. It is important to have an empty and cleansed bowel so that the doctor or surgeon can see clearly.
How do you administer citrafleet?
- CitraFleet is indicated in adults (including the elderly) aged 18 years and over. The treatment can be administered in one of the following ways: Usually, one sachet on the evening prior to the procedure and the second sachet in the morning of the day of the procedure.
Is it safe to use citrafleet during pregnancy?
- As picosulfate is a stimulant laxative, for safety measure, it is preferable to avoid the use of CitraFleet during pregnancy. There is no experience with the use of CitraFleet in nursing mothers. However, due to the pharmacokinetic properties of the active ingredients, treatment with CitraFleet may be considered for females who are breastfeeding.
What is the best time to drink citrafleet?
- Drink the first dose of Citrafleet between 3 pm and 5 pm. After drinking the dose, wait for half an hour. After this, drink at least 2 litres of the other fluids listed above. Drink the second dose of Citrafleet Between 9 pm and 11 pm. After this, drink at least 2 litres of the other fluids.